Supervisory District # 13
Current Public Office:
Why I Am Running for Office:
I'm running for office because I want to bring my passion and experience to help make positive changes in our community. I believe I would be an asset to the County Board because not only do I have a background in criminal justice and finance, but I also have proven experience working with diverse groups of people. Considering two incumbents who are women decided not to run for re-election to the board, I think it would be great to elect new women to the board this spring. I am ready and excited to step up and serve our community.
From talking to neighbors and other Kenoshans, I have learned the things that weigh the heaviest on peoples’ minds are the summer of 2020 riots, the increasing crime in our city, and getting people back to work and back to normal after COVID. I feel very passionate about these concerns because they mirror my own.
I support the following:
• Our police
• Hiring additional deputies to fight the increase in crime and more law enforcement resources
• A proactive approach to fighting crime
• An investigation into the communication breakdown that occurred between law enforcement agencies and within county government which occurred during the summer of 2020.
• Helping families struggling from the COVID-19 pandemic and increasing mental health services for families in need.
• Helping people get back to work to bring about normalcy again and thereby helping local businesses who are in desperate need of employees.
I’m a single parent of 2 children, ages 15 and 19. I graduated from University of Wisconsin – Parkside in 2002, majoring in Criminal Justice and minoring in Environmental Studies. After college, I have worked as a Police Dispatcher, Training Specialist, Probation and Parole Agent for the state of Wisconsin, and now - the Mortgage industry. I love working in the finance industry and feel that my past and present career experience as well as my experience working with diverse groups of people will be a great asset to this role.